Selecting the Right Contractor
Which Contractor Will Best Meet Your Needs
As a courtesy to our commercial customers, the "Which Contractor Will Best Meet Your Needs"
questionnaire should be used prior to hiring any contractor you wish to have come onto your property
to perform work. This questionnaire is designed to help you prevent unnecessary liability exposure
when hiring trade companies. At GAMA Central Heating & Air Conditioning we adhere to the highest quality standards and answer
"YES" to each of these building owner basic contracting requirements:
100% compliance questions:
- Are you and your subcontractors licensed to do this type of work?
CAUTION! TOO RISKY NOT TO ASK
Your building owner's insurance does not cover work done by unlicensed contractors!
- Are you insured to do this type of work?
CAUTION! THE AVERAGE CLAIM FOR INJURY RELATED DEATH IS $1.6 MILLION
Your building owner's insurance may not cover an accident, injury or damage! Require <$2+> Million!
- Are your installers trained to use power tools and equipment in and around occupied spaces?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT HAVE A SAFETY TRAINING PROGRAM
Avoid negligence claims against you the building owner by requiring contractor to provide copy of their safety program!
- Do you perform drug testing to screen your employees for hire?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT PERFORM DRUG TESTING ON NEW HIRES
Avoid negligence claims against you the building owner by requiring contractor to perform drug
testing for all new hires!
- Do you run a criminal background check on your employees?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT PERFORM BACKGORUND CHECKS
Don't be victimized! Many service people have a history of theft and other crimes.
- Will you clean up at end of each day?
CAUTION! MOST CONTRACTORS DO NOT INCLUDE A DAILY CLEAN-UP AS PART OF JOB!
There is no need to have your business use or beauty detracted from!
- Will you remove my old equipment and all debris from the premises?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT ITEMISE THIS IN THEIR SCOPE OF WORK
"Disposal fees" added on at the end of the job are a common "hidden charge."
- Do you have an office staff to handle potential customer care situations?
CAUTION! ALTHOUGH UNLIKELY - EVEN THE BEST INSTALLATIONS CAN HAVE AN ERROR
Who's going to respond to our questions, comments, concerns or complaints?
- Have you been in business very long?
CAUTION! 90% ALL SYSTEMS INSTALLED INCORRECTLY
Only an experienced contractor can install correctly - putting you in top error free 10%.
- Will you guarantee the price quoted will be the final price, even if you overlooked something?
CAUTION! GETTING LOW PRICE IS EASY WHEN A CONTRACTOR MISSES SOMETHING
Beware of a low initial price followed by a price increase after the work has started!
System replacements questions:
- Will all work meet or exceed existing codes and will you be pulling a permit?
CAUTION! FIRE DUE TO CODE VILOATION CAN VOID YOUR INSURANCE
Avoid this liability exposure by requiring contractor to pull a job permit.
- Do you use DOE endorsed written installation, start-up, and warranty management procedures?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 INSTALLATION ARE INSTALLED INCORRECTLY WASTING ENERGY
Avoid this pitfall or worse defacing your property. Ask to see their installation procedures!
- Is any maintenance included?
CAUTION! MANUFACURER'S WARRANTIES ARE TYPICALLY VOIDED IF NOT MAINTAINED PROPERLY
PER MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS
The only way to keep our equipment running properly is with regular maintenance!
- Are you authorized to provide the equipment manufacturers recommended maintenance?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 SYSTEMS ARE NOT INSTALLED OR SET UP PROPERLY
To assure equipment is back up running quickly, get proof of authorized dealer in writing!